WHO HIRES A COACH?
People who hire a coach have tried to make things work on their own and have exhausted their inner resources. They are willing to consider that maybe they don't have to figure everything out on their own and finally give themselves permission to get some help.
We've all heard the saying, "Two heads are better than one." There is some truth to that statement, but the results depend on the "heads" involved. Working with a trained professional can get you a lot further than depending on family and friends for advice.
People work with a life coach for many reasons, but these are the most common:
- I feel lost. I know what I do, but I don't know who I am.
- I feel stuck in a rut and don't know how to get out.
- I'm unhappy.
- I feel scared.
- I feel an inexplicable sense of loss.
- I feel frustrated and overwhelmed by responsibilities; everyone else seems to come first.
- The things that were important to me don't really matter anymore; I've lost my sense of purpose.
- I just got out of a relationship. Now what?
- Life is good, but I'm curious about what more might be out there for me.
- I've finished therapy. Where do I go from here?